First it came from my good friend Lavi. Thankyou soooo much Lavi - I thinks you're stylish too. My silly mum panicked and did nothing about it (!) :-o The reason she did nothing about it was that she is still not too fantabulous on the technical side of computer blogging and I heard her whine about not knowing how to paste in award images and how to put in links into her text to other blogs. Zoinks! - and this is in charge of my life!! She is a bit of a
dunderhead novice on the computer.... so her brother (my dear uncie) has to roll his eyes heaven-wards and help her out. Like now.
The pressure intensified when another "Stylish Blogger Award" came to me from my dear dear mates and fellow mini schnauzer Santa . Santa's blog was one of my true inspirations to begin my blog - I love hearing about them and seeing what they are up to. Mum couldn't run and hide
again, and she enlisted uncie's help to do something about it.
As part of this award, I am supposed to tell you 7 things you don't know about me, so I've put on my thinking cap and come up with these:
1. Mum and dad went on holiday to Tropical North Queensland (Cairns and the Barrier Reef) just before they got me. It was the only holiday that mum wished would finish quickly so she could get her hands on me as soon as she got back to South Australia.
2. Mum has a special nickname for me - she calls me "Boo-Boo". I respond to both "Rubie" and "Boo-Boo" equally.
3. The first time I went to a dog-park I had a blast. Before we left some STOOOPID woman came in with her two big doggies, and they bowled me over and I was scared and shocked by the speed of it all. Ever since then, my parents have been too nervous to take me back to a dog park.
4. I am training my parents. Initially they thought I would sleep in my blue doggie bed in the family room (on the other side of the house from their room). Ha. They contained me in a little
jail enclosure. Then they put my bed next to theirs and that worked for a while. Finally - I have made it to the Big Bed where I was always supposed to be. Because of this I get a bath weekly so I can't leave good puppy smells in the bed.
5. I eat anything organic - and sometimes inorganic. This includes sand, dust, dirt, small pebbles, mulch, bark etc. It's horrifying to my mum. Because of my love of eating I am always on a diet. I always help my humans eat what they are eating - a pup has to do "QA" after-all.
6. Mum loves me LOTS - but if there was one thing about me that she could change it would be my independence. I don't feel the need to constantly sit on my humans or lean on their legs or touch them or even be in the same room as them. I have independence. She gets jealous when she sees my fellow mini schnauzers sprawling all over their humans being all soppy and sloppy. Toughen up mum! She also gets jealous when I hug all our visitors when they come over.
7. My tongue can magically extend to reach the very bottom of medium sized ice-cream plastic cups. I loves soft serve ice-cream, and would not entertain the thought of missing out on a single lick.
So that was all good stuff hey?!. It's good that we could have this little bit of info share huh!?
Now the tricky part of this award.... I'm also supposed to nominate some blogs to receive this award. Well, as you can see on my blog, I don't follow many blogs, and the ones I do follow, I follow because they are interesting and stylish all in their own ways. So I don't want to play favourites. And besides, there are blogs I would nominate but they already appear to have already had this award given to them!!
I declare mum and I have a special bond with one of my favourite blogs Living with 3 Hampsters (and 2 Dogs) because Tooki and my mum seem to have a special relationship. Mum says Tooki is a true animal lover and has a special warm heart. So I will pass this award to Tooki. So the other nominations I award to my followers and the blogs I follow. You are all Stylish and Wonderful, so go ahead and take this award. You deserve it!
Special Tail Wuggles, Rubie.