Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Breakout....I mean Break-IN

My mum grows vegies in her little vegie garden over the warmer months.... and it's a bummer drag for me because I am not allowed to help her with this. I'm normally an excellent helper. Just ask my dad about helping put his shoes and socks on.

Back to the point. Mum has gone to the lengths of creating a little plastic fence to keep me from helping her while she hand waters the patch everyday. It means this:


Me wanting to help and looking in.

This morning was a little different. Mum wanted to do more stuff in the vegie patch - something about staking tomatoes and mulching I think. (We were lucky enough to have cloud covering the hot sun today so we are all feeling more bouncy about life.)

I thought I would push my boundaries and leaned and leaned on my fencing until:


He He He... I'm out...I mean IN!


And they thought this little fence would be my barrier!!!! Ha!

First thing I did was to run through the tomato plants and over the coriander. Next very quickly I had to run over the rocket seedlings because some raised voice was calling my name.... and not in the happy manner if you know what I mean!!


Lettuce, tomato, chilli and coriander....


These tomatoes still look hot from yesterdays blazing sun.....


Sneaking up on the rocket seedlings.......


You don't get to see an action photo of me running over them because mum was busy encouraging me to "get off them!!!" If you look closely....you can see a couple at the bottom of the photo that look a little squashed...... beats me how they got that way!!!

Before I got ejected back to the other side of the plastic fence, mum let me have a little explore of this side of the house that I never can get to (until now He He He!)


Looking...Looking...Looking


Schnooffling.... like we schnauzers do...


Flashy box pointing at me again..... mum is very happy with this shot!


After all that....guess where I ended up!!


I have an evil plan for the future! (Nothing can keep me contained!!! Plastic can bend you know)







4 comments:

  1. Hi Rubie! I'm your newest follower now too! You should check out our blog www.PetBlogsUnited.com. It's a great place to find other pet bloggers.

    You're very cute!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rubie,

    Hey, we're schnauzers, no barrier can hold us - he he he!! We can't imagine why your mom wanted to keep you out whilst she was gardening as you seem like a superb snoopervisor to us!!

    Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rubie! I saw you featured on PBU. Welcome to the pet blogging world :D

    I really like your breed, that "mustache look" reminds me of old sea wolves I see in movies.

    I have to say, bravo for managing to break the barriers to the garden. But be careful, don't eat the tomato plants, they can be bad for you.

    Hope to hear more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Rugby likes to break IN too!

    Maybe your mom could get you an outside dog bed and teach you to lay in it while she works, so that you can be closer, and better able to supervise her! :p

    ReplyDelete

I do a Big Tail Wuggle when I get your comment!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...