Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Recipe Time

I have been paging thru mum's recipe book for puppies (ie. me) and found the recipe for "Crunchy Carrot Balls". A nice lady from America asked us for the secret after reading the post a little while back. Here it is nice lady:



2 grated carrots, 1 cup wholemeal plain (all purpose) flour, 1/2 cup wheatgerm, 1/2 cup rice flour, 1 cup water, 1 cup oats, 1 heaped tablespoon of dark brown (or brown) sugar and 2 googies (eggs).

Put grated carrot, flour, wheatgerm, rice flour, sugar and oats in large mixing bowl. Mix. Add googies and water - mix again. You need to end up with a fairly thick batter - so as to roll into walnut sized balls (mum does this) or a dough that you can use cookie cutters on a floured board. Keep your hands wet when rolling the balls, or add more flour to roll out. Put balls onto baking trays lined with baking paper (they don't expand in oven) and bake at 210/370 degrees for approx 30 mins. Mum left them in about 10 mins longer to really brown and crisp up. When baked and cold - store in fridge in a zip lock bag - extract as much air as possible when you open and close the bag.

Your doggies will love them!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to ask my mom person to make these for me as soon as possible!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rubie, send us an e-mail at PBU at comcast dot net. We want to introduce you to all of our friends and we have a great way to do it!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful that you got my note and you posted the recipe. We will try to make these after the holidays.

    Pam and Oskar ... POUT ... I wanted to introduce Rubie on Friday but you beat me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up on the recipe, Rubie! Now that I read this I think I may have seen it when you first posted it, but I wasn't thinking about making my own treats at the time so I forgot about it. I'll give it a go soon and let you know how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete

I do a Big Tail Wuggle when I get your comment!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...