Saturday, May 7, 2011

RECIPE TIME: My First Birthday Cookies

Along with my Pawsome cake (see previous recipe post) - my mum also made me some Birthday Cookies:

Here are the Carob Hearts

 Zoe already lickin' her chops in anticipation!

And here are the Yoghurt Teddies.

Gimme Gimme Gimme!!!!! Hand it over human!


BIRTHDAY COOKIES

2/3 cup Skim milk powder
1/3 cup Wheatgerm
1 and 1/3 cup Spelt flour (you can also use all purpose or wholemeal)
1 egg
1 jar baby food puree (we used beef and vegetable casserole )
1 and 1/2 Tablespoons Duck fat (you can also use margarine or olive oil)

Put milk powder, wheatgerm and flour into a bowl. In another bowl put the wet ingredients together and beat them up a bit with a fork.

Put wet ingredients into dry. Combine with a spatula.

Tip out onto your work surface and bring together to a dough. Feel free to add extra flour (or a little water) to get it to the right consistency. Flour your work surface and rolling pin. Roll out to a  5-7mm thickness.

Cut out cookies using your favourite cookie cutters. Place onto baking trays lined with baking paper and bake in 180 degree C oven (350 F) for 20 min or so. We turned off the oven and left them in to get nice and crisp. Keep an eye out in case they get too brown.

Once cold - you can "decorate" them.

CAROB ICING:
Melt about 2 tablespoons copha. Add in carob powder until it reaches icing consistency. Mum dipped a cookie in and used a second cookie to "dap", so that both had icing and it was not too thick. Decorate the cookies with chopped dried paw-paw for wow factor effect.

YOGHURT ICING:
Melt unsweetened yoghurt buds/chips gently. (Source yoghurt buds from a Health Food shop).  Paint onto cookie with pastry brush. Sprinkle with cake decorations ie. hundreds and thousands, sprinkles.



Great Baking/Cooking makes a Great Pawty!! We even got away with being naughty at the table!


6 comments:

  1. Hey Rubie!
    Wow, a big happy barkday to you!! Your pressie treats look just yummy! Great barkday party with your furiends. I hope you had a great day, and I wish you a great year. Is any of that food left??
    Grr and a Drooling Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... those cookies look like the best. I'm on my way over...

    pawhugs, Max

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man those look great. I'd love to tase one!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no Rubie I'm gutted I missed your Birthday soooo sorry, moms stopping me go on my blogg in the week she says we are to busy so I have to catch up when I can!! silly mom, and it looked a great party.
    Thanks for sharing your recipe I'll be putting that in my cook book ;)and sorry again for missing Australia off my blog post, anyways
    Happy Belated Birthday and a Happy Mothers Day to mom
    Have a good week
    See Yea George xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello rubie!

    thanks for checking out my blog and happy birthday! my mom's a taurus too, her birthday is on the 9th...i gotta tell her to try some of your recipes because they look delicious!

    ♥ yuki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recipe. We might get the cookies--but we think SHE's too lazy to ice them! Thanks for the great recipe.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete

I do a Big Tail Wuggle when I get your comment!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...