Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A HOT play-day!

Yesterday my cousins, Scarlet and Zoe (and their dad, my "uncie") came over. It was 43 degrees C (that's 109 F) and outside was melting! However, it just meant we had to get up to some good mischief inside together, not zoomies in the garden!


Here we are, a little hot, having just done a few "schnauzer blur" circuits of the family room.


Scarlet doing the "coy look" while modelling her summer stripy look. (For those readers who don't know, Scarlet had a little surgical procedure on her back on Friday - and she is wearing T-Shirts to protect the wound for a little while). She told me it is getting itchy!


ZOE: Rubie and I just did a garden zoomies and it is confirmed - we are stayin' inside today - the paving is hot enough to fry an egg! 

See how our tongues are hot!



SCARLET: Lucky auntie has bought us beef tendons for quality chewing! Nom Noms!



On a couple of occasions we ventured outside to bring in some sticks and mulches to chew on and decorate the family room. Mum wasn't crazy about that.

 These two photos show us after dinner, in the evening. As you can see we are EXHAUSTED! We certainly burn a lot of calories on Mondays. But the heat was ridiculous! 



7 comments:

  1. looks like a tail waggin' tongue hanging time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so sorry for you all about the heat. I hope and pray the weather will cool down. Now I understand why Scarlet is wearing t-shirt in such hot weather...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sleeping doggy photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it is that hot outside, it would be better for you to stay inside. That beef tendon looks like a great chew. We love to chew and most of our toys have been badly chewed up by us!

    Jingle Bell, Happy and Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blog land is a funny place, I have just left The OP pack where it looks like they are going to get some snow, I come to visit you and its boiling hot. Here its raining!
    Stay cool
    See Yea George xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you win. It's only been just 38 C here for a few days. We did hit 40 once. Looks like you are all set for indoor fun. We're mostly sleeping. Keep cool.

    We'd forgotten Scarlet's operation, so we were wondering why she was wearing the shirt. then we remembered.....and the pillowcase.

    XXxoOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  7. U look soooo relaxed! I wish I could be there to nap out with u. :)

    ReplyDelete

I do a Big Tail Wuggle when I get your comment!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...