Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Gotcha Day!!

Officially, yesterday (27th June), was my "Gotcha Day" when my human mum and dad "got" me. I was just over 8 weeks old. My mum tells me she was in close contact with the nice man and lady who bred me, and lets just say - mum was a little "overexcited" to finally get her hands on me. Mum was concerned she was being a right royal pain in the you-know-where to my breeder - but the nice lady seemed not to mind!

So I had a bath (uch!) on the morning of the 27th June, had my last cuddles, and then was driven to a "pick-up point" so I could meet my new pawrents.

This is the first picture mum took of me - before we drove off from our first meeting. Notice how she was so excited that she could not even focus.


Stopping alongside the highway on the way home...... there were three stops in case I wanted to do wees.


This is me on that same day..... mum puttin' me in front of the Mac.......that's where the blogging idea first hit me!!


My first evening meal on the day I came home..... my appetite was never a problem!


My mum is SOOOO nuts that she even took a picture of my first Poop-a-doop in my new home! (rolling schnauzer eyes upwards......is nothing sacred!)


The very next day, uncie came over to let me meet Scarlet and Zoe. We have been best buds ever since!


I slept in funny positions.......


and was very little in my kitchen bed


Look how big my blue bed looks when I was so little!!

I can honestly say, that I was very lucky in scoring my pawrents and my house and lifestyle. But, let's be frank, THEY are the lucky ones getting ME!!



12 comments:

  1. Yep, you're the pick of the litter...in our book anyway. Such a cute little pup.

    Have a happy gotcha day.

    XXXOOO Daisy, kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Gotcha Day Rubie, loved seeing the photos of you as a pup sooo cute.
    have a good week
    See Yea George xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Gotcha Day Rubie! We're SO glad you were placed in front of the MAC - just imagine if you'd never thought of blogging......no, no, we can't even BEAR to think about that!! You landed the pawfect family - no wonder you suit each other so well!

    We're SO behind in catching up on your blog and we pawmise to do so this weekend. But we thank you SO much for our award - we were all a-flutter when FH told us!!

    And we're so pleased you went with the 'saliva bubbles' photo as it is just YOU! We know you were initially worried about them making you look 'not pawfect' but was it not the great literary hooman Thomas Pawdy who pawed that memorable line "Her lips (or in your case, your saliva bubbles - he he he!) - perfect, he, as a lover (or us, as an admirer - *blush*!), might have called them off-hand. But no — they were not perfect. And it was the touch of the imperfect upon the would-be perfect that gave the sweetness, because it was that which gave the humanity." Any small impawfections you might perceive WE see as pawfect Rubie as they make you YOU in all your sweetness and we love that, so they should therefore never be airbrushed away!!

    Anyway, that big literary quote has quite exhausted us - we must sleep now! We will be back this weekend - woof soon!

    Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY GOTCHA DAY RUBIE. I think you are a very much lucky FAMILY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We want more, more, more cute puppy photos! Woof-woof! Whine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute puppy pics Rubie - and Happy Gotcha Day! You did land on your 4 paws in that family - and of course they are so lucky to have you. Love from Magic xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Gotcha Day!!!!! I love that you and Riley and Remus all share the same special day! I'm glad we can share. Please tell your Mummy and Daddy that they are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rubie!! Happy Gotcha Day, you were the cutest pupster on the block and that's for sure. We must say us Schnauzers do make the cutest pups don't we? Has your Mum got the photo of your first 'job' framed, you could start a new trend bol!! Dex & Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. rubie, those are some big poo-poo's for such a little puppy, mine weren't that big until now that i'm almost a year old. you look a lot like my brother when he was that age, dad almost brought him home with us-even named him boots since he had white furry boots, too bad mom said no.
    ♥yuki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rubie was such a cute puppy and she turned into a beautiful dog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Gotcha Day, Rubie!

    Us schnauzers do make the cutest puppies if I do say so myself.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete

I do a Big Tail Wuggle when I get your comment!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...