Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Photo Scavenger Hunt - June

My mum decided that she might participate in the fun event hosted by Postcards from the P.P. - the Monthly Photo Scavenger Hunt. She might as well seeing as she does not go off to a job everyday anymore   ;-)



Because this is MY blog - she is going to try and put me in as many of the pics as possible.... after all - I have fans to satisfy!!

So here goes (over to you mum!):

A Childhood Memory


A Farm Animal



A Wheel Trim



An Elephant




Architectural Detail




Cheese




Cutlery




Night




Something Beginning with "Z"




Something With Your Town's Name On It




The View Right Outside Your Door




Tree Branches






Here is a little bit of background for these photos:

CHILDHOOD MEMORY: I remember that my brother, sister and I didn't have many toys and beautiful things.... but we always had a few special things we cherished as children. I remember how excited I was to receive this special doll from my mother as a child of perhaps 5 or 6 years old. I took her everywhere and looked after her like she was my real baby. Her little shell brooch displays her name, "Bella". Extra special to me now as I no longer have my mother.

A FARM ANIMAL: Some sheep and lambs photographed in the Clare Valley, South Australia. This was taken on Rubie's first holiday away from home.

A WHEEL TRIM: Rubie standing by our car. My husband says it's not a "wheel trim" per se, because our car has alloy wheels - so forgive me.

AN ELEPHANT: My father doesn't like to go shopping, but occasionally he surprises. When I bought my second home in 1995, he gave me this elephant as a house warming gift. It still stands pride of place in my china cabinet, and always makes me smile.

ARCHITECTURAL DETAIL: I took this photo atop a tour bus in Paris, the day before we got married in London in 2002. Paris is just completely architectural detail at every turn, and this is the building of the National Academy of Music.

CHEESE: A selection of what was in the fridge on the day. Cheddar, Fetta, Haloumi and Ricotta. Haloumi is my favourite. Yes - we are cheese fans.

CUTLERY: This beautiful antique box of "trifle spoons" caught my eye in a bric-a-brac shop in a coastal tourist town of Robe, South Australia. This was one of the first holidays my husband and I had together. What was so interesting about these included their stunning design, and the fact that 5 were in mint condition, and one is well used - I figure it must have been used in the "sugar bowl". 

NIGHT: This was taken from our balcony while on holiday in Cairns, Northern Queensland. Cairns is a tropical town, and popular with visitors to The Great Barrier Reef. 

SOMETHING BEGINNING WITH A Z:  Zebras I photographed in Minarto - a wildlife park about 45 minutes out of the CBD of Adelaide.

SOMETHING WITH YOUR TOWN'S NAME ON IT: I picked up my friend from the airport a couple of weeks ago (she had been back to the UK visiting friends and family) - so this sign was handy for the hunt. The very next day all flights in and out of Adelaide were cancelled due to the Chilean volcano ash cloud moving over our town.

THE VIEW RIGHT OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR: We are lucky to look out over a ravine and hillside through our back doors, as well as a rather adorable mini schnauzer.

TREE BRANCHES: Fallen tree branches around our mud-brick cottage in Clare, South Australia. Rubie's first holiday with us earlier this month.


I think you will agree that my mum did good in her first scavenger hunt....and I count 6 out of 12 pics with ME in them!! So there is room for improvement too!!


See ya next time!!

8 comments:

  1. Great job!! It's so fun to see other doggies and dog Moms doing the hunt! It's cool to see your town and your view and some things that you see everyday.

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job! And you're right Rubie, you NEED to be in as many as possible.

    Bet posing with that Cheese was hard.....did you get a little taste?

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    That Volcanic cloud has even affected us--well, the airport anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey rubie, i think you should've been in every single picture-supermodel dogs like us make every picture even better ;) my favorite one is the view outside your door.
    ♥yuki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings From Southern California

    I added myself to follow your blog.

    I invite you to follow TOGB.

    Have a Nice Day :-)

    BTW, Fantastic Photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom did great loved them, I see you get wine with your cheese :) and the view out your door is beautiful, the problem now is we have to wait until the 1st July before the new list comes out!!!
    Oh I love the night shot to and all the ones with you in:)
    Have a good week
    See Yea George xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all great, but the last picture is the best!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos - especially the ones with you Rubie. That was a really good scavenger hunt! Love from Magic x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos, my friend!
    Have a nice weekend.
    Woof, woof,

    Chicco

    ReplyDelete

I do a Big Tail Wuggle when I get your comment!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...