Monday, July 25, 2011

A typical day in my life.

Our nice sunny weather is continuing (even though it's cold) and I wanted to show you our local park when it's nice and green:


We have had some healthy rain..... and my park has really appreciated it!


That's me on my way home.


Mum and I are now in our front garden.... and I am patrolling my street from ONE of my vantage points.


OOOoooo.... I see something - a person trying to walk on the other street (they didn't get my prior permission to do that!) ..... better WOOF real loud at that!! Can you see I am being looked at from under that fence??


That's a visiting doggie across the street, and he is looking at the spectacle I make of myself when I bark very loudly!!


See - you can kinda see my mouth in mid "Big-girl" bark....so much so that my voice echoes through my ravine and all around the neighbourhood!! Mum is not pleased with me and is trying to get me to stop. As if!!!! I stop for NO PEEP! After all, I have a job to do, and that is to ward off any potential threat to my peace and property!


To distract me from my surveillance activities....mum points out a little bee on some of our flowers....


Then she PROUDLY points out how many flower spikes her orchid has!!


When they start to open, she brings em' inside so we have fresh flowers for weeks in the house.


Ah well, to the office we go - ma says I have a blog post to do......after a little relaxin' - I get to the computer - and write you this!!

Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Rubie, you are so right about barking....all sorts of invaders need to be chased away! We love your park, looks like it has lots of stuff to sniff.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rubie I know what you mean about humans not liking us doing our big girl barks - I keep getting called back into the house when I try and warn off passers-by. Beautiful orchids - we don't have any of those in our garden but we do have a lot of bees! Love from Magic xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...oh.... whose furs are you sitting on there Rubie? Your folks are very lucky to have you keeping guard for them

    pawhugs, Max

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great park Rubie Lou, we are very impressed with your reports of Schnuazer barking - there really is no other noise like it is there? They don't know how lucky they are these hooomans do they, who needs alarms when we're around :-) Dex and Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny us schnauzers and our bark, I think we may just be the loudest barkers. And so many of don't have a little dog bark, a lot of us have big voices for such tiny bodies. Enjoy every minute of your walks because there's lots of dogs like me who don't get such beautiful dog friendly places to enjoy the way you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bark on, Ms. Rubie!
    That is really wonderful that you can grow orchids right outside in your garden! We try to grow them in the house sometimes, but they always croak :(

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  7. A schnauzer cannot be deterred from it's barking to keep intruders away!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete

I do a Big Tail Wuggle when I get your comment!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...